Vanilla Cupcake with White, buttery, sugary, vanilla cupcake. Ready for your favorite chocolate, fruit, or spice frosting.
8 ounces (1 stick) Butter, cut into pieces
2 cups Granulated Sugar
4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
3 cups Cake Flour
2-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Whole Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour 24 muffin cups, then line with cupcake liners.
3. Beat the butter on low speed in a large mixing bowl to soften.
4. Increase the speed to medium and beat until smooth.
5. Add the sugar, about one tablespoon at a time.
6. Beat until light and fluffy.
7. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
8. Scrape the bowl down, then beat until smooth.
9. In a medium bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, and salt.
10. Sift thoroughly.
11. Add the dry ingredients to the first mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk.
12. Continue beating on medium speed until smooth and well blended.
13. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
14. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full.
15. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
16. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 to 8 minutes, then remove from muffin pan, and cool completely.
17. Frost as desired.